VSP is looking for a Juniper network engineer consultant to assist with support of its COVA Net network.
Successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Considerable knowledge of TCP/IP; Ethernet; Network cabling; Layer 2 and layer 3 switching; the OSI Model; MPLS and Metro-Ethernet; VPN and SSL technology; Firewall security; Network management and troubleshooting.
• Considerable knowledge of direct engineering and design experience in networking industry.
• Considerable expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable network architectures, with fault tolerance; performance tuning; monitoring systems; statistics/metrics collection; and disaster recovery.
• Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers; switches; enterprise VPN solutions; Juniper SRX firewalls.
• Understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential.
• Knowledge of networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, QoS, multicast, 802.11, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, T-1/E-1, BRI/PRI, MPLS, and caching services.
• Demonstrated the ability to design, install, and troubleshoot local-area and wide-area enterprise networks.
• Graduation from an accredited college/university or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position is required.
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification, JNCIA/JNCIS-SEC certification preferred.